Positively Kids is always in need of people to assist us in our efforts to provide healthcare to medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed children and their families in Southern Nevada. From event set-up to clerical work, we can always use your help! Here are a few volunteer opportunities that are currently available.
Volunteers are needed for data entry, stuffing envelopes for mailings, and general office assistance. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Lucky Duck Family Festival
This is Positively Kids’ signature fundraising event in which participants “adopt” a rubber duck (or more!) for their chance at truly fabulous prizes. Duck adopters must be 21 to participate and can purchase duck adoptions online, in person at various locations throughout Las Vegas, or call Positively Kids. This event has numerous volunteer opportunities.
- Duck Tagging – Duck tagging will take place the week of Lucky Duck, and takes place in the parking lot of Positively Kids located at 2480 E. Tompkins Ave. Volunteers remove stickers from rubber ducks and place new stickers on the rubber ducks. There will be at least 5,000 ducks that will need to be tagged. Volunteers will be provided refreshments at the tagging.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Set-up – Lucky Duck Family Festival will take place on the last Saturday in September. Set-up volunteers will need to be available at 7:30 am. They will be responsible for putting rubber ducks in the pond, setting up table & chairs, assisting vendors to their assigned table, hang banners/signs, running on-site duck adoptions to Home Base, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Tear Down – Lucky Duck Family Festival Tear Down volunteers are needed to corral rubber ducks in the pond, put rubber ducks back into the bins, clean up any debris left by participants, take down any banners/signs, assist vendors, removal of chairs, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Breakfast with Santa – Secret Santa
Positively Kids provides healthcare to children in Southern Nevada with an emphasis on children who are medically fragile. Many of these children aren’t able to see Santa due to their special conditions, such as having a compromised immune system, behavioral concerns that make it difficult to stand in a long line for hours, and/or large medical equipment that is difficult to transport. For these reasons, Positively Kids offers Breakfast with Santa with an environment that is inclusive for their special healthcare needs. Children who attend also receive presents as well as a breakfast for the entire family.
- Secret Santa – From mid-October to mid-December individuals, organizations, and/or companies can participate as a Secret Santa by providing presents for our low-income, medically fragile, and/or developmentally delayed children and their families. Our families can always use clothing items of various sizes/ages, puzzles, coloring books, crayons, and other toys. Volunteers can also “adopt” a family and receive a list of specific items that the child and his/her family have requested.
- Wrappers – The day before the event Positively Kids will host a wrapping party. These are for gifts that have been donated, but not assigned to a specific child. Refreshments are provided during the wrapping party.
- Day-Of – Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up including bringing presents to the room, helping with craft activities, and clean-up. The event lasts 2 hours. Volunteers arrive 90 minutes prior to the event and stay approximately an hour after the event.
Need a little more room in your closet? Donate to Positively Kids where your donations help fund critical programs for children with special healthcare needs. You can drop your donations off at any yellow bin in the Valley or call for convenient pick-up service.
Have a lot of donations, and can’t make it to a bin. No problem – we also do home pick-ups. Just complete the form below and someone will be in touch to schedule a pick up.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Convenient locations throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
- Reduce your clothing footprint.
- Provides funding for critical healthcare services to medically fragile children and their families.
What we accept:
- Sheets, comforters, and other bedding items
- Anything made out of material
What we don’t accept:
- Electronics (computers, televisions, etc.)
- Baby toys
- Non-clothing items
Find Your Nearest Clothing Bin
Positively Kids’ clothing donation program is a partnership between Positively Kids and Savers. Savers is one of the largest recyclers of textiles in the world and has been in the business of keeping reusable goods out of landfills for over 60 years. Donations to Positively Kids at Savers stores directly support healthcare needs for children in Southern Nevada, specifically children with special healthcare needs. Over the past 10 years, Savers has paid its collective nonprofit partners more than $1.5 billion helping to fund vital community programs and services. To learn more about how Savers makes a difference in hundreds of communities, go to www.savers.com/donate.
The Foundation for Positively Kids is a non-profit, children’s Health agency providing a variety of healthcare services for medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed children throughout Clark County. Below are job opportunities currently available.
Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Positively Kids does not discriminate in the provision of services and employment because of age, color, creed, disability, race, sex, and national origin. It is the policy of the Foundation for Positively Kids to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees, prospective and current. Foundation for Positively Kids is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment and non-discrimination matters for all protected classes of employees including race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, marital status, and military status. This policy applies to all employment practices, benefits, training, performance evaluations, Company programs and practices, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Foundation for Positively Kids will provide reasonable accommodation for a known disability of an applicant or employee, in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Positively Kids always welcomes applications for the following positions:
- Developmental Specialist
- Medical Assistants
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Speech & Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Clothing Donation Driver
- Community Support Specialist
All resumes should be mailed or emailed to:
Foundation for Positively Kids
2480 E. Tompkins Ave. Ste. 222
Las Vegas, NV 89121