Give to Positively Kids
The choice of giving is a personal one, which is why we are so grateful you have chosen Positively Kids!
It’s easy for us to simply say your generosity will make a tremendous impact in the lives of children in southern Nevada, but we’d love you to see HOW your gift will make a difference!
Skyler was born with her intestines outside of her body, which led to other complications and multiple surgeries. She has spent much of her young life living in a hospital, so when an amazing family decided to adopt her, it was no surprise that she came home with multiple challenges. Some of those challenges include being wheelchair dependent. However, after only just a few months she has progressed to a walker and is now not only walking but RUNNING everywhere!
Although she has started eating a few foods orally, she still primarily relies on the feeding tube and IV nutrition on a daily basis as her body isn’t used to solid food. Her body also rejects her own bile, which must be suctioned daily. Positively Kids provides a skilled nurse to come to her house to draw blood for lab work and make sure her IV nutrition is balanced, so she can stay healthy. Without this care, Skyler could end up in the hospital and even die.
Your generosity provides Home Health care to children and their families in southern Nevada who need skilled care at home rather than in a hospital or long-term care facility.
10 days after Sterling was born, his family learned that he had a genetic condition known as Down syndrome. Because persons with Down syndrome typically have developmental delays, he was immediately referred to Early Intervention. His mom and dad researched organizations in town and selected Positively Kids.
Based on Baby Sterling’s physical needs, he received multiple therapies a week in his home. Therapists worked with Baby Sterling on his ability to hold himself up, then sit up, and other developmental milestones as her grew older. At age 2, Baby Sterling was starting to crawl and even standing up.
In addition to his many therapy sessions, Baby Sterling’s family also worked with a dietician and a speech language pathologist.
Research indicates that early intervention improves outcomes for children with Down syndrome and other complicated births. Your generosity provides resources and therapies for Positively Kids’ Early Intervention program to children in southern Nevada who are under the age of three.
Did You Know?
13-15% of all babies born have some sort of special medical need, such as prematurity, birth defect or drug exposed in utero. It is estimated that another 17% age 3 to 17 have one or more developmental disabilities, such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, and more. Positively Kids is committed to providing an environment that will have a positive effect on the growth and development of Las Vegas’ medically fragile children.
Need a little more room in your closet? Donate to Positively Kids where your donations help fund critical programs for children with special healthcare needs. You can drop your donations off at any yellow bin in the Valley or call for convenient pick-up service.
Have a lot of donations, and can’t make it to a bin. No problem – we also do home pick-ups. Just complete the form below and someone will be in touch to schedule a pick up.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Convenient locations throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
- Reduce your clothing footprint.
- Provides funding for critical healthcare services to medically fragile children and their families.
What we accept:
- Sheets, comforters, and other bedding items
- Anything made out of material
What we don’t accept:
- Electronics (computers, televisions, etc.)
- Baby toys
- Non-clothing items
Find Your Nearest Clothing Bin
Positively Kids’ clothing donation program is a partnership between Positively Kids and Savers. Savers is one of the largest recyclers of textiles in the world and has been in the business of keeping reusable goods out of landfills for over 60 years. Donations to Positively Kids at Savers stores directly support healthcare needs for children in Southern Nevada, specifically children with special healthcare needs. Over the past 10 years, Savers has paid its collective nonprofit partners more than $1.5 billion helping to fund vital community programs and services. To learn more about how Savers makes a difference in hundreds of communities, go to www.savers.com/donate.
Lucky Duck Family Festival
This is Positively Kids’ signature fundraising event in which participants “adopt” a rubber duck (or more!) for their chance at truly fabulous prizes. Duck adopters must be 21 to participate and can purchase duck adoptions online, in person at various locations throughout Las Vegas, or call Positively Kids. This event has numerous volunteer opportunities.
- Duck Tagging – Duck tagging will take place the week of Lucky Duck, and takes place in the parking lot of Positively Kids located at 2480 E. Tompkins Ave. Volunteers remove stickers from rubber ducks and place new stickers on the rubber ducks. There will be at least 5,000 ducks that will need to be tagged. Volunteers will be provided refreshments at the tagging.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Set-up – Lucky Duck Family Festival will take place on the last Saturday in September. Set-up volunteers will need to be available at 7:30 am. They will be responsible for putting rubber ducks in the pond, setting up table & chairs, assisting vendors to their assigned table, hang banners/signs, running on-site duck adoptions to Home Base, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Tear Down – Lucky Duck Family Festival Tear Down volunteers are needed to corral rubber ducks in the pond, put rubber ducks back into the bins, clean up any debris left by participants, take down any banners/signs, assist vendors, removal of chairs, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Breakfast with Santa – Secret Santa
Positively Kids provides healthcare to children in Southern Nevada with an emphasis on children who are medically fragile. Many of these children aren’t able to see Santa due to their special conditions, such as having a compromised immune system, behavioral concerns that make it difficult to stand in a long line for hours, and/or large medical equipment that is difficult to transport. For these reasons, Positively Kids offers Breakfast with Santa with an environment that is inclusive for their special healthcare needs. Children who attend also receive presents as well as a breakfast for the entire family.
- Secret Santa – From mid-October to mid-December individuals, organizations, and/or companies can participate as a Secret Santa by providing presents for our low-income, medically fragile, and/or developmentally delayed children and their families. Our families can always use clothing items of various sizes/ages, puzzles, coloring books, crayons, and other toys. Volunteers can also “adopt” a family and receive a list of specific items that the child and his/her family have requested.
- Wrappers – The day before the event Positively Kids will host a wrapping party. These are for gifts that have been donated, but not assigned to a specific child. Refreshments are provided during the wrapping party.
- Day-Of – Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up including bringing presents to the room, helping with craft activities, and clean-up. The event lasts 2 hours. Volunteers arrive 90 minutes prior to the event and stay approximately an hour after the event.
Positively Kids is always in need of people to assist us in our efforts to provide healthcare to medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed children and their families in Southern Nevada. From event set-up to clerical work, we can always use your help! Here are a few volunteer opportunities that are currently available.