Positively Kids is always in need of people to assist us in our efforts to provide healthcare to medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed children and their families in Southern Nevada. From event set-up to clerical work, we can always use your help! Here are a few volunteer opportunities that are currently available.
Volunteers are needed for data entry, stuffing envelopes for mailings, and general office assistance. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Lucky Duck Family Festival
This is Positively Kids’ signature fundraising event in which participants “adopt” a rubber duck (or more!) for their chance at truly fabulous prizes. Duck adopters must be 21 to participate and can purchase duck adoptions online, in person at various locations throughout Las Vegas, or call Positively Kids. This event has numerous volunteer opportunities.
- Duck Tagging – Duck tagging will take place the week of Lucky Duck, and takes place in the parking lot of Positively Kids located at 2480 E. Tompkins Ave. Volunteers remove stickers from rubber ducks and place new stickers on the rubber ducks. There will be at least 5,000 ducks that will need to be tagged. Volunteers will be provided refreshments at the tagging.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Set-up – Lucky Duck Family Festival will take place on the last Saturday in September. Set-up volunteers will need to be available at 7:30 am. They will be responsible for putting rubber ducks in the pond, setting up table & chairs, assisting vendors to their assigned table, hang banners/signs, running on-site duck adoptions to Home Base, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Lucky Duck Family Festival: Tear Down – Lucky Duck Family Festival Tear Down volunteers are needed to corral rubber ducks in the pond, put rubber ducks back into the bins, clean up any debris left by participants, take down any banners/signs, assist vendors, removal of chairs, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Breakfast with Santa – Secret Santa
Positively Kids provides healthcare to children in Southern Nevada with an emphasis on children who are medically fragile. Many of these children aren’t able to see Santa due to their special conditions, such as having a compromised immune system, behavioral concerns that make it difficult to stand in a long line for hours, and/or large medical equipment that is difficult to transport. For these reasons, Positively Kids offers Breakfast with Santa with an environment that is inclusive for their special healthcare needs. Children who attend also receive presents as well as a breakfast for the entire family.
- Secret Santa – From mid-October to mid-December individuals, organizations, and/or companies can participate as a Secret Santa by providing presents for our low-income, medically fragile, and/or developmentally delayed children and their families. Our families can always use clothing items of various sizes/ages, puzzles, coloring books, crayons, and other toys. Volunteers can also “adopt” a family and receive a list of specific items that the child and his/her family have requested.
- Wrappers – The day before the event Positively Kids will host a wrapping party. These are for gifts that have been donated, but not assigned to a specific child. Refreshments are provided during the wrapping party.
- Day-Of – Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up including bringing presents to the room, helping with craft activities, and clean-up. The event lasts 2 hours. Volunteers arrive 90 minutes prior to the event and stay approximately an hour after the event.
For the Love of Children Gala
Positively Kids’ annual For the Love of Children Gala is a formal event that honors local community leaders for their achievements in advancing children’s healthcare initiatives. The annual gala starts with a cocktail hour and silent auction followed by entertainment, live auction, and chef-inspired cuisine with wine pairings.
- Set-Up Volunteers – Assist with the silent auction tables, placing materials on tables for guests, and signage needs.
- Registration – greet guests and assist with the registration process by collecting guest information.
- Auction Runners – Notify silent auction winners which prize(s) they have won and assist the auctioneer during the live auction on where bidders are located.
- Clean-Up Volunteers – Assist with packing up left over auction items, materials, and any other items that need to go back to the office.