Foundation for Positively Kids (Positively Kids) values your trust, and we understand the importance of protecting your privacy. We want to make sure that you understand how your information is collected and used by Positively Kids. This privacy statement describes what information we collect about you, including when and how we collect it, and what choices you have regarding our use of your information.
We collect personal information for treatment, payment, health care options, and donations as well as for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. You have certain rights regarding the privacy of your protected health information as well as information provided to us by you when you make a donation.
Information we collect:
- Positively Kids collects personal information when you communicate with us online – by requesting an appointment, register to volunteer, or making a donation for example.
- We collect personal information we receive offline when you see a provider, volunteer, donate or participate in our events.
How we use your information:
- We will use your personal information to contact you with news updates that may interest you and opportunities to donate, participate, or volunteer at one of our events.
- When you make a donation, we will use your personal information that may include your name, address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address, so that we can send you a receipt and thank you for your donation. We may also collect limited financial information to process your donation.
- When you make an appointment or visit one of Positively Kids’ providers, we will use and disclose your protected health information to obtain authorization and/or payment for the health care services we provide you. For example – we may include information with a bill to a third-party that identifies you, your diagnosis, procedures performed, and supplies used in the rendering of the service.
- We will NOT sell or give your information to third parties for fundraising purposes.
Sharing information with third parties:
- We will provide personal information in response to subpoenas, to allow law enforcement, at our request, to investigate unlawful activities at our websites, to our trusted service providers and to a successor in interest by merger or reorganization.
- Positively Kids’ services may contain links to third-party websites whose privacy practices may be different from ours. Positively Kids is not responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any third-parties. Links to other sites do not imply the organization’s endorsement of the products, services, privacy, or security practices of those websites. In addition, Positively Kids is not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
Securing your information
- Positively Kids seeks to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to reasonably secure your information to protect personal and medical information within our organization.
- Positively Kids website is secured using Secure Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (https).
- Medical records are secured using Athena electronic medical records system with limited access to certain medical staff for treatment and billing purposes.
- To limit our communications with you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org